Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Artist Profile



"Hi, My name is Drew Davis. I am a 24 year-old working, painting, breathing artist living on the Central Coast. I’ve been here my whole life. I’ve come from a semi-normal, half-dysfunctional, Christian family background. I was surrounded by art, music, electronics and animals roaming freely. I'm now basically a sarcastic coffee-drinking artist in a rent-paying corporate jungle. I feel like a blue tomato in a field of corn. To say my slightly tweaked humor and subtle wit plays no part in my painting would be a lie. Every piece is an experiment, a discovery, and an experience. Sometimes- quick and clean; while other times it’s dreadfully painful and messy. Sometimes even a joke. I work freely. I pay attention to detail and intensity with minimalistic intention. Sometimes I think I am a gourmet (pigment) chef- concocting a deliciously unrestrained entrĂ©e for a 5 star restaurant -A feast for the eyes… but that’s just me."
A big thank you to Drew Davis for his contributions to our Haiti Benefit. You can see more of Drew's work here.

No comments:

Post a Comment